Monday, November 22, 2010

New School Year-4 Months Late

I actually forgot about this having this blog. I'm was just sitting here relaxing at home and all of a sudden I remembered the blog. This may sound hard to believe; however, with teaching and personal issues going on this blog fell out of my radar. Better late than never!

This school year (2010-2011) is my third year teaching 4th grade and my sixth year teaching. It has been a bit of a challenging school year for me with the increased demands of the job. There has been various occasions I just wanted to walk out of the classroom and leave teaching for good. The main thing that kept me going during the last two months is the students and last, but not least; the time off. I would definitely miss it. I think the district I teach in is shifting in a new direction so this could be the increase of demands. I will ride it out, but I do believe I have to look elsewhere for another teaching position at the end of the school year. I have been at the same school for six years and this year the dynamics have changed to where I don't feel comfortable anymore. So in the meantime I will start working on that resume and cover letter. Of course, also give the best I have to offer to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment